The Sandbox game mode was added September 3rd, 2016 and is meant to experiment with the game. You can also play as unplayable tanks, like the tiny Mothership, Arena Closer and Dominator. The arena is also a lot smaller than in the normal games. If you want the arena to be bigger, you (have) to invite more players in. God mode is disabled when another player other than yourself is in the same arena, and a party link is available.
K: level up
\: change class
;: God mode (You are only able to use this if no one else is in the game.)
- Y : Opens up a menu to see everything on.
Tank class cycle
- Auto Smasher
- Trapper Dominator
- Gunner Dominator
- Destroyer Dominator
- Auto Trapper
- Spread Shot
- Auto 3
- Auto 5
- Auto Gunner
- Mega Trapper
- Gunner Trapper
- Triple Twin
- Battle Closer
- Penta Shot
- Twin Flank
- Flank Guard
- Machine Gun
- Octo Tank
- Quad Tank
- Triple Shot
- Special tanks that normally are fixed at high levels instead work like normal tanks and can be level 1 to level 45.
- Arena closers played by players are blue, not yellow. If they are your enemy then they are red.
- In the Diep.io Subreddit, a very common suggestion is to be able to toggle OP tanks, mainly the Arena Closer, Dominator, and Mothership.
- This is because there is another subreddit for posting Sandbox Party links and trolls usually join and attempt to kill everyone by becoming an Arena Closer.
|Game mechanics||Game Modes||FFA • Survival • 2 Teams • 4 Teams • Domination • Tag Mode • Maze • Sandbox|
|Gameplay||Controls • Levels • Map • Score bar • Stat Upgrade • Class Tree|
|Tips||Basic Tips • Builds • Guides • Signals • Wiki editing|
|Technical||Servers • Penetration mechanism • Critical Damage mechanism|
|Removed features||Team DM • Mothership|
|Game-related||History||Changelog • Removed tanks|
|Diep.io related sites||Official diep.io Youtube channel • Official diep.io Facebook page • Unofficial diep.io Reddit subreddit|