It is similar to Free-For-All, but the main idea of these gamemodes is to work as a team to try and dominate the map. There is no end to the game; the only way it ends is by the server shutting down, causing Arena Closer spawning.
There are two modes: 2 Teams and 4 Teams. Upon spawning you will be put in a random team and spawn in the colored team base (see picture above). This area is being protected by base drones. Enemy bullets and also enemies themselves can't enter the square, meaning that you cannot be spawn killed by other enemies, so camping on the enemy side does not work. Friendly fire is not enabled in Team DM meaning you can do whatever you want without being killed by your own teammates. The rest of the game is the same as FFA, the classes are all the same from FFA, and the combat style of the game is also the same except you can team inside your team.
- The teams are Blue and Red.
- The team bases are long and narrow rectangles, located in the east and west.
- The base drones come in pairs of two and are spread around the base.
- The teams are Blue (NW), Red (SE), Purple (NE) and Green (SW).
- The team bases are squares, located in the corners of the map.
- The base drones are all at the same spot, in the center of the team base. There are 12 of them.
- When Team DM was added, there only 2 teams: Red (NW) and Blue (SE)
- When first added, there were no base drones and the base couldn't destroy bullets on contact. This led to a problem known as
Spawncampingwhere players could easily position themselves near the base and attack newly spawned players.
- It is possible to run around behind the enemy base in 2 Team DM with a 0/7/7/0/0/0/7/7 build Tri-Angle.
- May 29, 2016: Team DM is added and is the second gamemode in Diep.io.
- August 24, 2016: The possibility to play in 4 teams was added.
- September 18, 2016: Team DM was split into the 2 Teams and 4 Teams Game Modes.
|Game mechanics||Game Modes||FFA • Survival • 2 Teams • 4 Teams • Domination • Tag Mode • Maze • Sandbox|
|Gameplay||Controls • Levels • Map • Score bar • Stat Upgrade • Class Tree|
|Tips||Basic Tips • Builds • Guides • Signals • Wiki editing|
|Technical||Servers • Penetration mechanism • Critical Damage mechanism|
|Removed features||Team DM • Mothership|
|Game-related||History||Changelog • Removed tanks|
|Diep.io related sites||Official diep.io Youtube channel • Official diep.io Facebook page • Unofficial diep.io Reddit subreddit|